A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

From below, it floors me that MTSO thinks we believe - ghost image explains disappearing jobs. geesh nm

Posted: Jan 03, 2012

:(

Ghost image - Huh

[ In Reply To ..]
What is a ghost image...? While this might sound naive, I don't understand. Is this a MTSO term? ty

A job suddenly disappears from your q. MTSO says it was just - "ghost image" that was in your SM

[ In Reply To ..]
q, not an actual job. But highly suspect, that job that was there, was reassigned to someone else, a fave of the MTSO. Heck, the faves might have the ability themselve to take jobs from you and assign them to themselves. That is reason someone needs to track those missing job # and see just where they went and at what time.

Ghost image - huh

[ In Reply To ..]
I see, but the only time I think this happen to me was when a stat was needed. My supervisor sent me email to let me know though.
Sadly, not all can say the same. Some are told it was - not a "real" job. Oh, and SM
[ In Reply To ..]
farther down, another was told, her job had timed-out, meaning it was too long in her q and went back into the pool. However, she had only had the job for a few minutes before it went missing. As a newbie, you should know to take all you are told with a grain of salt, in fact with an ocean of salt. I have been lied to so many times, had lines skimmed off my jobs, you name it. I have learned not to beleive ANYTHING I cannot see with my own eyes. And dont think the MTSO has your best interest at heart. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is business and the only one with your best interest at heart is you. Pretty much, whatever you are told, believe the opposite.

job disappears - Nameless

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not listing my name as I also had this happen to me repeatedly. I was always told that work was slow and the first available person got what I had in my Q. Turned out, TL was giving the jobs to faves, boosting their lines counts at the expense of others to keep their benes in place; with the rest of us loosing ours. Also sending jobs to India to boost coompany bottom line and then sold out when positioned properly. My work was rerouted several times and I was lied to even more. Shame we just cannot do our work without this hanging over our heads.
Ghost images/jobs rerouted - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I had first mentioned the ghost images, and never believed this at all, but when the tech even tells you that it makes you wonder!!! Many, many times my work would suddenly do a disappearing act, and when I questioned my night supervisor she said that if the job sits there for more than the time allotted to do that job, oh well it is taken away?? I swear I had not even had my jobs even 1 minute and it disappeared, and this has happened each and every time. Of course these were prime jobs, which I hardly ever get, and they were non-VR and lengthy jobs. If you just think about it, the jobs disappeared about the time that it was coming close to the end of the pay period, and then I got the worst of the worst jobs, less than 1 minute. Supervisors can also pick out work for themselves, and have to make their line counts too. I was an ex-supervisor, so I do know what you can do to reroute jobs and also take them away, and there are no ghost images. The only way that jobs disappear is when they are actually taken away by a supervisor. The only time I did that is if someone needed help and had more than they could handle, or a job was needed right away, but I always notified the MT ahead of time so they knew what was happening. I never manipulated someone's work, or took work away, which had to be for a very good reason. About the end of my shift every evening there has always been jobs taken out of my queue, or "disappear" suddenly, and I do know why that happens. This assures that work will be there for the MTs coming in on the third shift. I think if that happens there are too many people on that account in the evening. You should not have to save or make sure someone else has work at the expense of any MT.

never heard the expression - over 30 years in this field. - nockers is that you?

[ In Reply To ..]

No, it's not. Read posts below, 2 MT told when a job goes - missing from their q, it was a ghost image SM

[ In Reply To ..]
not a real job. We do really need to keep a list of all the inane excuses/explanations we are given when all we want is the truth. I would rather deal with the truth, whatever it is, than to be told a stupid lie that they think I am dumb enough to believe.
2MT - jobs missing - Nameless
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. When someone lies to you, it is done to manipulate, which takes away your choices. If they tell you the truth, you can make decisions beneficial to you personally based on that.

The only time a job should leave a Q is if it is a STAT and was pulled for the first available MT or you sign off and repool the job. What will they come up with next???
I have read the posts below when posted, this is a rerun - could keep one discussion as ONE discussion.
[ In Reply To ..]
But there might be others who didnt see below post. Why does - it bother you to see it again? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
its redundant. dosn;t work that way, that's all. but gets - noticed as rudundant when looking for fresh topics
[ In Reply To ..]
What doesnt work that way? Would you have only 1 post - per topic? Feel free to bypass redund posts. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
omg...never mind - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I suspect it bothers the poster because they are TT Suits. nm - BITEMETT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
tt - stillwaitingforwork
[ In Reply To ..]
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the TT suits haven't jumped all over these posters yet? Maybe they're still drooling over the Best in KLAS award a/k/a the "let's-overhire-so-we-look-great-to-our-clients award."
Or maybe they are preparing lawsuits against us all. - BITEMETT
[ In Reply To ..]
Like they did with that one MT who dared to post the truth about TT.
I wouldnt worry about that with the illegal activity they - are advocating. Besides, SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I dont work there but I have posted ideas about how to document the TRUTH. What are they goinng to do to me?? lol
how to document truth is not slander, public bad-mouthing. - NJMT
[ In Reply To ..]
they'll have their day and the last say in public court.

Similar Messages:

My Mom Thinks They're Going Under...
Aug 06, 2014

Just based on what I tell her regarding low work volumes, losing accounts, losing transcriptionists in droves, new names popping up everywhere, being forced to work on 5 accounts now, pickier and pickier fiesa (to keep more of us way from the bonus), etc., my mom thinks we're about to be sold to the next highest bidder. I don't know if I agree with her or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Anyone Who Thinks QC Is Invincible Should Like This One
Apr 10, 2015

One of the I-really-could-care less dictators wanted ciprofloxacin taken off the med list because patient was on Coumadin, so I took it off and the editor added it back in and gave me a 1.0 error because I omitted it. This would involve knowledge that Cipro is the same as ciprofloxacin and its possible danger to the patient. In their quest to find our errors, they are hurting patients. Proof positive! So don't let them tow their line of corporate malarkey. ...

Everyone I Meet Thinks I Have Such A Great Job...NOT
Mar 26, 2010

They say, oh wow you get to work from home, that's great. I wish I could.  Yeah it has it's perks and used to be fantastically flexible...key words "USED TO BE", now I'm tied to my desk, lost money, threat of money being taken away, company uses words like "lock down" -- isn't that a prison term??? Now I'm afraid to sneeze, breathe, take a bathroom break etc....GRRRR!  Just venting, everyone I know thinks my life is cushy...!!! ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...

TSM Is Awfully Quiet Recently. Me Thinks They
Sep 19, 2013

are up to something.  I sense plotting and planning going on at corporate.  ...

Drug The Doctor Says She Thinks Is Orapid?
Jul 21, 2010

Doctor says she thinks it is "Orapid"  I cannot find anything that sounds like that.  Ugh! ...

Who Thinks Their Platform Is Fast And Efficient?
Jun 06, 2012

It seems that the platforms nowadays have all slowed down since many are used for the dual purpose of VR and transcription.  I used to use ChartNet years ago.  It was fast and efficient, and I loved it. Now I am on (another version I suppose) ChartNet again, and it is soooo slow to move from screen to screen, inserting cc's, demos, etc. that it actually makes me bored with my work.  I can't seem to get momentum going like I did on the old ChartNet without VR.& ...

Patient Has Train Morse. ASR Apparently Thinks
Aug 26, 2010

Is There Really Noone Who Thinks Taking The CMT Exam Is A Good Idea?
Jun 20, 2012

I am studying for the CMT exam, but the process is taking the joy out of my life.  I noticed that on a previous post, everyone unanimously voted NO regarding the question about whether the CMT is worthwhile anymore.  I am seriously considering dropping the idea of sitting the CMT exam.  Am I making a mistake?  (I really do not want to take jobs of increased responsibility in the field, just make sure I stay employed.)  I'd appreciate your words of wisdom. ...

My New MTSO
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this on. I have a few questions pertaining to my new MTSO business. Any input or advice would be helpful. First of all, I need help with pricing. I charge my clients .12 per 65 character line. I believe that is the going rate for my area. I am wondering what to pay my transcriptionists and editors. I originally thought to pay my transcriptionists .08 per 65 character line and my editors .04 per 65 character line but then I wouldn't be making any pr ...

MTSO?
Oct 24, 2010

Hello Everyone, I have just recently found this board and I have a couple of questions.  I don't know where else to post it, so I hope I've put this on the right forum. What does MTSO mean? Why is there a Medquist specific forum on this board?  Is this site operated by Medquist? Just curious. ...

Does Your MTSO Tell You This And Do You Believe Them?
Mar 31, 2011

"You are a valued team member and we want you to be as successful as possible." ...

MTSO
Jul 19, 2011

If I owned a MTSO company, and if I were monitoring this board in order to glean comments made about my company, and if I were unhappy with what I read, I would do the following:  I would send a company-wide e-mail to my people asking for their input on what I could do to make things better for them and correct the problems aired on this board.   I would realize that there are companies that would make life difficult for MTs who dare to complain about an injustice and that they ne ...

New MTSO
Apr 24, 2013

Simply put...I need help.  I am a single mother.  I am a CMT and been in this lousy business over 20 years.  I have been job hunting out of this business almost a year now with no bites.  I had a dream job but was bought out by M Modal.  I went from abundant work to none on a daily basis.  I am truly struggling.  I know people who work for great companies keep it to themselves, for the fear of over hiring and no work.  I am truly asking for help in seeking ...

Been Qa At Many MTSO. Have Never Had Anyone Tell Me
May 14, 2013

tied to qa, N qa wouldnt have to be told how to edit either. ...

QT MTSO
Mar 23, 2014

Just wanted everyone to know that that owned QT might be around again, so please stay clear of this company. There are bad news and have a pretty awful history of burning accounts and MTs. Not the most ideal company or couple for that matter. LOL ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Nonpayment By An MTSO
Jan 03, 2010

How does one go about collecting money from a small MTSO who still owes me $1,049 for transcription I had done for them?  I quit working for them in May 2009 when I hadn't received payment.  I sent them several e-mails and they did pay me some of the money owed me.  Originally they owed me $2,049; paid me with one check for $500, then two more checks for $200 each, which were sent to me every few months in between.  They kept telling me they would pay me off the com ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

10 Suggestions For All MTSO's:
Mar 24, 2010

To all MTSO's:1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that a ...

Caring MTSO
Apr 15, 2010

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm curious to know if there are any MTSOs out there who you guys feel really and truly care about their MTs and not just the bottom line? I understand that business is business but it seems to me that if you have happy MTs then you have productive MTs, willing to accommodate and go above and beyond for the company, which in turn makes the retention rate of quality MTs high because they are happy.  They get to know the ...

MT Week And MTSO's
May 19, 2010

The little "trinkets" some of you have received is extremely comical and a so-called slap in the face to some, but some may view it as an actual good gesture, although I do not agree. When I worked at neurology they used to always acknowledge MT week with flowers or a $25 gift card to our local mall, but when they got a new office manager he combined Secretary's Week and MT Week into one. My coworker and I got acknowledged one year on Secretary's Week - now that is a slap in the face ...

MTSO And Platform
Aug 18, 2010

Can someone tell me what MTSO and platforms are? I am obviously a newbie and don't know what these terms mean.  Thanks for your help in advance. ...

Question For MTSO's
Sep 06, 2010

My question is regarding what you consider to be a fair split when contracting an IC. I have been approached about adding accounts and will need help from one or two IC's to accomplish everything. Can you share what you feel is a reasonable split? 50/50, higher, lower? I want to be fair but I also need to cover my costs as well. If you prefer, you may contact me privately by email quiet_type at hotmail dot com. Thank you. ...

Went To My MD Today And They Have No MTSO Or MTs?
Dec 18, 2010

It seems whenever I go to the doctor we get to talking about my profession, mainly because I am speak to them on their level (with medical terms, etc) because they are amazed that I am so informed. Anyhow, today when the RN was checking me in on their Epic system, she said they use strictly voice recognition (VR) and use "Dragon" (which I know nothing about) but I have seen posts on this board about it.  I told her that I was an MT editor actually for the VR, not so much transcribing anymo ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

What Does MTSO Stand For?
Mar 07, 2011

What does MTSO stand for? ...

MTSO's - Is This The Best I Can Expect?
Apr 05, 2011

After 20 years of hospital-based HIM transcription, they gave us away to Medquist.  I feel set up for failure by not getting consistent hospital accounts and never having a chance to learn a specific account.  Communication with management is - absent - unless they want something from you.  I also find the pay and line count methodology to be deplorable, to say the least.  I have VR experience, but find that Medquist just turns on literally EVERYTHING to VR, and most of it re ...

MT Versus MTSO
May 09, 2011

I have not been on this board in a few years but I can see a definite turn against medical transcriptionists.  The MTSO's have created a vulture type of attitude that has been passed down among many new transcriptionists in the business. I see the MTs being blamed for whining, complaining and for trying to voice their concerns about being treated badly by ROMs or team leaders or management in general. One statement is truly correct - MTSOs are in it for the money. That being said, let& ...