Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dell Computer with Inscribe - Audio Issue - Help

Posted: Jan 17th, 2023 - 10:29 am

Hello!  I have a Dell desktop computer and I work in Inscribe on version 6.16 (however, the issue I am about to tell you about is even worse with the newer version 7).  I am having audio issues, not static or anything though (used to have that issue but luckily it corrected itself). 

Prior to now, when I would type/edit a report, then go back to re-listen to my blanks, the audio on the computer would be very loud and I would have to use my mouse to lower the sound on the computer's speaker itself by moving the sound bar back or forth, then back to a reasonable sound level.  But then the next time I had to re-listen to a blank, same thing, I'd have to move the sound bar again.  When I moved the sound bar, it would sort of knock it back to normal audio type thing.  This was only when re-listening to blanks, so I could deal with it.

Now suddenly today the loud audio issue is happening not only when I re-listen to blanks but also when the next job downloads to my screen, then, again, I have to move the sound bar one way or the other to get the audio back to not being incredibly loud.  Super time consuming now.

I have talked to IS tech support about this before.  They always would just guide me through the different options in IS under File, Options, Advanced, Playback, IS Wave Player, nothing works to fix it. 

A few weeks ago, I tried to start working in Version 7 (which I'm not a big fan of anyway) and the problem is even worse in that version because with trying the different Playback options in IS, there is static as well when it's not too loud, or else it's just too loud and no static.  I can tell Version 6 is starting to act wonky now so soon I won't be able to use 6 at all and will be forced to use 7 which is going to be horrible.

Is there anyone out there who has a Dell computer, works in IS and is having audio issues like this?  I am at my wit's end with this.  I am wasting so much time using my mouse to knock the audio on the computer back to not super loud every time I re-listen to blanks and now also when a new job downloads. 

I Googled earlier today to see if there are at least hotkeys I can use to readjust Dell's volume but they do not work, and I'm assuming it's because I'm in IS when the issue is happening.  But I just don't know. 

Sorry for such a long and detailed post. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.  TIA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)