Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Battery replacement - Anonymous

Posted: Jan 19th, 2023 - 2:27 pm In Reply to: Dell Computer with Inscribe - Audio Issue - Help

It is not just Dell that requires removal of the bottom panel to replace the battery. I had an HP laptop, then a Dell and now a Lenovo, and on all of them, the bottom panel had to be removed in order to remove the battery. If you had a notebook or something small, it might be easier to access, but the batteries in the larger laptops are bigger and take up more space, they also need to be located where they won't overheat. That isn't anything unique to Dell, nor is having to update the drivers. Maybe the other issues people are having relate to a particular model, or maybe the Inscribe softwware is at fault. Dell and HP both make good computers, but they also make junk. I had a crappy HP laptop but it was a low end entry level model, but I feel the same about HP as others do about Dell. I've had 2 or 3 Dell desktops in the last 20 years or so and they all served me well. It is possible that Dell's quality is slipping, I really don't know because it's been a long time since I've owned one of their computers. Laptops might not hold up as well as desktops when they are used day in and day out for work, that might be one issue in regard to needing to replace your battery so often and the other hardware issues you are having. You are lucky to have someone in your family who can do the repairs for you. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)