Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Curious if anyone has worked for Legal Media Experts? - sm

Posted: Jun 17th, 2022 - 2:21 pm

Found this review on them from 2020:  “We used them for 2 depositions in Greensboro. The court reporter simply set audio recorders out, then sat there eating, checking her email, shopping online etc. She did virtually nothing except get in the way. Then we got an extraordinarily high bill - over $2,700 for each depo. Each depo was 5-6 hours long and included video, but the bill was double what we expected. I would never use this outfit again.”  I do legal transcription and think it’s an outrage for a court reporter to just sit doing nothing and expect the typist to do their job, especially when the reporter is billing at that rate and the typist is getting a $1.50 a page (from their ad).  Good grief, the reporter is in the room, a typist isn’t going to know who the objections are coming from or any other conversations that may be going on without some instruction from them. I would be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with them and what type of company they are?  What’s the experience like trying to type for court reporters who do nothing but turn on the audio equipment?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)