Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

digital reporters - anon

Posted: Jun 21st, 2022 - 10:53 am In Reply to: Curious if anyone has worked for Legal Media Experts? - sm

There is a difference between a court reporter and a digital reporter. Digital is a cheap fad where someone just shows up and hits the record button on an audio recorder.
A lot of attorneys are requesting NOT to be sent a digital reporter because it's not reliable to get a good transcript from.
I know for a fact that some legal companies are sending out fake court reporters who pretend to write on their machine but are really just audio recording it. This is to fool the attorneys who don't want a digital reporter.
I'm interning with a couple of court reporters in 3 different states. One of them, for Zoom depositions, has a camera on her and another camera on her hands so the attorneys know they have a steno reporter, not digital.
From my experience, all the CRs I've worked with have been unbelievably professional. It seems like some legal transcription companies are the ones taking shortcuts whether by their own practices or hiring unprofessional CRs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)