Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Working as Independent contractor - Mswad41

Posted: May 17th, 2022 - 8:40 am

I have been working from home for a large medical transcription company as an independent contractor, or at least thats how they label their workers. Unfortunately, the company has made some changes I have not been too happy about. Due to the issue of low pay, which is the case with most of these companies, they are struggling to keep enough workers to keep the work in TAT. As a result they have started demanding that people stick to a certain set of hours and dictating when and how vacations and time off can be taken. I am not so sure this is legal for them to be doing this and labeling people as independant contractors. I thought being labeled as an independent contractor, under labor laws means that a company cannot tell you when and what time frame you have to work or when you can take off.  i tried looking up info on laws for Independent contractors in the medical transcription field but could not find much info. Does anyone know the specifics of the laws for IC's in medical transcriptoin. I feel like a lot of these transcription companies are breaking the rules and getting away with it. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)