Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC contractor status - my experience

Posted: May 18th, 2022 - 1:14 am In Reply to: Wrong - anon

Everyone, please tell me if/how you disagree -- I have worked for several IC accounts for the past few years which pay fairly well. Some prefer certain hours, some don't. I can change my hours/workload or take time off whenever I choose, but I always feel my employers are also free to redistribute my work, hire new workers to cover for me, are not obligated to provide X amount of work, etc., and therefore I keep my requests for time off to a minimum and accommodate their special requests whenever possible. I understand their need to keep a handle on their workload and I appreciate the work. Maybe I'm lucky to not have been exploited in these relationships? My employers express their appreciation for my reliability and reward me with very steady work. I do make sacrifices, often giving up nights and weekends (often unexpectedly), but I feel being able to support myself after 60 is a blessing. Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)