Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 65)

It still exists - But is entirely useless

Posted: Jan 28th, 2022 - 2:42 pm In Reply to: Is CMT Certification still a thing? - MT2

Yes, I believe that you can still get it, but I would never waste the time, effort, or money on it at this point. There isn't a single company out there nowadays that cares about this certification or who will pay you at a higher rate for having it like they did back in the "good old days" many years ago. It's not even worth the paper it's printed on these days. The MT industry has been in such a state of disarray and insanity over the past decade. All of the reputable schools have stopped even offering MT courses because it's no longer the viable career that it once was. There is literally ZERO benefit in getting the CMT now. It would be like having a key for an old, rusty car that doesn't run anymore - totally pointless. I do have my CMT (or did have it), but I got mine way back in 2005 when this industry was in a much different state than it is today and it actually meant something and it was still being recognized and rewarded by employers. If I didn't have it, I would not waste my hard-earned $250 to get it. In fact, I don't even know if mine is still valid because I stopped paying the dues many years ago. Oh well. It's not like it matters anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)