Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 71)

Certification - Don’t Do It

Posted: Jan 26th, 2022 - 7:06 pm In Reply to: Is CMT Certification still a thing? - MT2

I was an MT forever and did this back in the 80s. I took a certification exam and passed, my employer paid for it. Being a CMT actually meant something back in the day. We had local chapters and seminars where docs would come and speak, I thought it was cool and I learned a lot, we were required to have a certain number of CE credits. However, AAMT made it clear that they didn’t advocate for higher pay, and they didn’t step in to do anything to address outsourcing. I dropped my membership when they raised the annual dues to $100 a year. It’s called ADHI now and I think they offer an exam, but I think becoming certified is worthless. In fact, MT as a career path is a waste of time. Save your money and get credentials that will actually help you get a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)