Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I understand that times are hard, but - SM

Posted: Nov 30th, 2021 - 2:49 pm In Reply to: From another viewpoint... - Susan

I completley understand and sympathize with where you are coming from, but I would take almost ANY job over this one. Even a job editing speech wreck that pays 4-5 cpl would be much better than this garbage. To echo what others have already said, psych reports are LONG. At $3.25 per report on a 4-5-page report (which, from my experience, is the average length of a typical psych report), you're literally only making CENTS per page. How in the world is that kind of pay going to help ANYONE, especially during these extremely trying times when inflation is through the roof? My husband and I just paid nearly $400 for 100 gallons of oil to heat our home for the next 4-6 weeks. That is twice what we paid last winter. Believe me, I was crying as I wrote that check. We're even paying almost twice what we paid last winter for firewood for our fireplace, which we use all winter to help conserve some of our oil supply. A gallon of milk is now nearly $5 and we also just got notice that our electric bills are going to be increasing by about $35 per month starting in December. Wonderful. I could NEVER work for $3.25 per report unless the reports were all VERY short and I could fly right through them so as to make a decent hourly rate. Psych is not like that, not even close. These reports are long and take some time. You'll be lucky to make $8/hour at that pay. Nobody can afford that living in Uncle Joe's world.

Again, I know that times are very hard and the cost of living is ridiculously expensive right now, but please don't sell yourself so short that you're willing to accept poverty wages like this. You can easily find something better, and it doesn't even have to be in MT. There are other types of transcription and there are many other companies outside of MT who are hiring remote workers for decent hourly wages. I'd look into that well before I'd even consider this thieving joke of a company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)