Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Classifieds Board

demand - Kristin

Posted: Oct 13th, 2021 - 11:42 am In Reply to: Another problem with this - anon

It is a state law that every hearing-impaired student have some kind of service to help them. Our service is amazing. We type the class live, then they get to keep the transcript to use as notes to study.

As far as demand, I type on 6-10 different colleges/high schools every semester. Our students truly appreciate what we do for them.

As far as pay, you will work that out with the VP of Classroom Captioning when we agree to sponsor you. Each company pays a little different, but no company pays less than 25/hour for the services. Some pay as much as 40/hour. There are quite a few companies doing this but they all use the Typewell training, which is why you need to take the course on how to use it. I work anywhere from 30-60 hours per week.

I was a bit scared to try something new, but after extensive research and talking with a lot of people, I took the chance.

Yes, I am also as former CMT of 20+ years. I know how the work is for you and how good paying jobs are scarce.

If you want more info or people/places to talk to, text me. I'm not giving out names and numbers on here. I can connect you with others who were hesitant too.

Just because you went to school and saw someone taking notes, doesn't mean the demand isn't there, just not in the school you're in. The states pays for these services and we have schools all over the country in need.

My phone number and email address are there if you choose to use them. I know $800 is a lot for the course, but that's what they charge. Go to typewell.com and look at it, go to ClassroomCaptioning.com and see what we're about. Call me or text for other people who do this. I'm an open book and not a salesperson. I just love what I do and want others to enjoy it too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)