Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Classifieds Board

An $800 class to start and I imagine there's other expenses - and catches hidden somewhere. SM

Posted: Oct 12th, 2021 - 9:01 pm In Reply to: Closed Captioning Help Needed - Kristin

Text that number and you get this:

"So as I wrote in the ad, my company, classroom captioning, is looking for more captioners to help out our hard of hearing and deaf students in classrooms across the country.

You would take a 2 to 3 month course online with a company called Typewell. In order to do captioning, you have to take this course. When you sign up for the course, you need to have a sponsor which is where we come in. Classroom captioning would sponsor you, then do 40 hours of on the job training, which is paid training. I believe it costs about $800 but they do allow installments on that.

The pay is great and I get to choose whatever classes I want to accept. You can work as many hours as you like but since you are typing live classes, your focus has to be 100%. If you miss something in a live class, the student misses it as well.

Most people get through the course fairly quickly and you can do it all online with a teacher who guides you through it.

It took me about 6 weeks to complete the course because I was working full time elsewhere. If there is something that you are really good at, our company will try to put you on classes that suit your needs. I usually get put on all the science and medical classes because of my background."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)