Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sad and ironic - The Good Ole Days

Posted: Feb 15th, 2021 - 10:23 am

I still work in the clerical health care field, but no longer transcribe dictation.

Here's what I read on a note from another doctor's office today, a phrase automatically inserted at the top of each office note:

"Using dictation device. Unfortunately, this device frequently misinterprets words/phrases."               

I am also a Twitter user, and I follow quite a number of health care workers  who have to either enter their own notes. I can't tell you how many times I've read the HCW's tweets lamenting the time and effort they have to use doing their own documentation instead of actually providing patient care.   

My response: I  guess we MTs shouldn't have had our professional services eliminated. 

I myself miss the decades I spent transcribing; I felt so incredibly important and essential to the clinical teams providing health care.

We MTs were worth every penny of our pay; it's sad the powers-that-be did not agree.

As a frequent-flier patient myself (lupus and other health problems), I've read thousands of pages of my own records (and those of other patients) and can't begin to tell you how poor the quality is as opposed to what we MTs used to provide. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)