Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Randomly lose audio in VDI/Editscript - MT

Posted: Dec 12th, 2020 - 3:26 pm

This is not the one where it is fixed by reinstalling the player, that used to work, no longer works.  In the middle of a report, I stop hearing audio.  The cursor continues to move with no sound.  I have tried:  Different foot pedal, headphones (pin and usb), different keyboard because there is an audio control on my keyboard, I removed my KVM switch and now connect directly, tried other audio when it is not working in report and that audio works.  The only thing that works is totally shutting down and restarting everything which takes about 20 minutes and I don't always get the report back that I was working on, I usually lose the report.  This happened 3 times today during a 6 hour shift.  Nuance has looked at the problem several time as has my local company tech guy.  They can't fix it.  I'm really discouraged.  There are some "smart cookies" who use this board and I have gotten help over the past years as an MT from here.  Any thoughts?  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)