Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Lost audio - Been there

Posted: Dec 13th, 2020 - 11:32 am In Reply to: Randomly lose audio in VDI/Editscript - MT

Like you, I constantly had numerous issues with VDI including losing audio in the middle of a report. I did as the previous poster said about going to Google (usually YouTube with an audio) and playing something for a few minutes and that worked 75% of the time. If it didn't, I figured out on my own a couple of other things to try before resorting to rebooting. #1 was to check my VDI Windows desktop in the bottom right corner for the icon indicating audio input/output. It was disabled and once I enabled it, my audio worked. If that didn't work or the audio was enabled, I'd click on the Citrix Desktop Player icon in the bottom right corner, then click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the Player window. You'll get Preferences, click on Virtual Machines on the left side. Click the "Save Now" button by the Save Virtual Machine line. Close the Desktop Player window and the virtual desktop will restart. Once restarted, go to the Desktop Player icon on the bottom right again in the system tray and click "Start." You may see a restore pop-up window and if so, let it finish. Test your audio....at this point it should work. If it doesn't, try just logging out of the virtual desktop (don't reboot your computer) and back in again. You might lose your job with this one. Test audio and if that doesn't work, I think you're forced to reboot your computer at that point.

Sorry for this being so long but I couldn't cut/paste from my documentation. Hope this helps !

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)