Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

low morale - MadamX

Posted: Jun 29th, 2020 - 12:58 am

Hey friends. Can I just unload for a second? I cannot seem to drag myself to work. I had been retired for ten years (fighting kidney cancer and then breast cancer, raising my child). 

Junior headed off to college and I had time on my hands, needed to start bringing in more than disability was covering, so I went on Indeed and got myself a job in this new world as a medical editor. A lot has changed in the last ten years. 

Back in the day, I averaged 500 lph and was always paid over .10 cpl. Those days are so far gone that I am now a dinosaur. I have over 35 years experience in this field, so my resume was cocky and quirky, since I don't need the money to live on, just Botox and travel money. 

This 0.04 cpl for editing is insulting. One apparently still needs to be extremely skilled at this career. My "grade" with these folks is always 100%, but I have a tendency to get "dinged" for the demographic screen. Like I care, not getting paid for that. I know, cocky. These jobs are apparently a dime a dozen, well four cents a dozen. Even if I sit here for four straight hours with barely a break, I can only average $8 an hour. This skill is worth more than that! When I check the metrics, I'm often getting paid .80 cents per ER or clinic report, which takes forever to add up to anything. 

I am so stuck that I have only worked two days this month. They don't check on me, ask me what days or hours I'm working, we've had no communication. 

Maybe now I'll feel inclined to type (edit like mad), maybe not. Just defeated is all. That and hating it. Thanks, friends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)