Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Accounts - in acute care are low.

Posted: Mar 30th, 2020 - 6:51 am In Reply to: I know elective procedures are put on hold.... - mtgirl

This is across the board. There is probably a provision in place for a catastrophic event such as COVID wherein, they are just writing down what they are doing for the patient or using an iPad and directly putting small notes in the patient's chart and not required to dictate.

For me, I work on Canadian accounts. Work dribbles in such as delivery notes, death summaries, telephone calls, and some dictations where doctors are calling each other to coordinate care for sick patients.

The elective stuff is not a priority at all and people are asked to stay at home. I don't believe there to be any at all preventive type procedures being done, which is quite a bit of this industry anyway.

I would think many hospitals are allowing physicians to just submit, like a said, a short form for the billing departments. Keep in mind that all healthcare workers right now are stretched to the limit. The President is calling for retired physicians to come back and fight this virus even if it is to take care of non-COVID patients.

They are setting up field hospitals. I just think dictation is not a priority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)