Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 70)

I do not - really believe (sm)

Posted: Mar 24th, 2020 - 5:19 pm In Reply to: Gosh - I Left MT 8 years ago

that MTs are afraid to make the leap. I do feel that MTs who are not being paid promptly should definitely find another company.

Please consider those of us who either suffer from health circumstances that keep us wanting to do MT just because it works for us. The leap from MT is not really the hardest part, the leap of going on-site is the hardest part for many of us here.

I understand you want to cheerlead, and that's great, but not everyone feels it's helpful. I'm one of them. I have tried outside jobs and I just don't fit in due to severe anxiety. I have worked from home for 16 years and been an MT for 30. I already had reservations about MT when applying in 1991 to the hospital I worked for, but I took the MT job because it paid more. Looking back, I wish I would have taken the unit secretary job that I actually applied for and I'd probably still have a job today.

The hospital outsourced the work, no I didn't stick around because I was making great money and had five clients just because I was an MT on-site and the doctors wanted me to type for them back in 1996 until around 2006, which is when EMR was being implemented, so I lost all my accounts.

Finally, some of us just like transcribing. We enjoy it. It's what we do, it's what we do best, it's what we want to do, it's what makes us feel purposeful.

2020 - COVID - Stay home and work; it's a little bit unsettling to see how many people actually would rather be away from their home and at work and not be with their children. Parents are going bonkers right now. Many companies offering things for children to do while you work. Cut me a break! I raised my kids typing from home and they turned out just fine.

I'm kind of starting to wonder how beneficial I really am since I'm not particularly computer savvy and most MTs might not be either who have been in this industry for a long time. The MTs with 10 to 15 years of experience probably do very well and better because they are computer savvy and they also never knew a time of "great pay." It just is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)