Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If an MTSO - is not being paid (sm)

Posted: Feb 18th, 2020 - 6:38 pm In Reply to: a specific date - June

then they need to have a reserve to pay their subcontractors. It is not the subcontractor's fault that the MTSO is not holding the facility to their contract.

I would never work for an MTSO that says they'll pay me when they get paid. Don't think so. If that's the case, then the MTSO owner better get to typing until they can earn enough to pay their subs.

Keep in mind that the MTSO is the independent contractor and those of us doing the actual transcription or editing are subcontractors. If you're making your subcontractors wait, they can sue you for nonpayment of services. Would be the same if the plumbing business sent their subcontractor to fix your sink. You cannot turn to him and say, sorry, I'll pay you when I get paid. Doesn't work that way. He fixed the sink, so he expects payment before he leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)