Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Beware any response from Paul Roberts ACD Consulting - This is a complete scam SM

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2019 - 11:35 am

I applied to a job posting on  indeed.com.  Why?  I should know better by now,  that site is about 75% useless with old, outdated or fake jobs.

The job seemed completely legitimate, I applied.  Get an automated email on Sunday about my application was reviewed and HR would send me a personal response soon. 

Get a response today and this "Paul Roberts" wanted me to set up an appointment to discuss my qualifications, and provided an online link to set it up.

Click the link and it leads you immediately to a survey, an extensive, invasive, nosy survey designed to harvest personal information to sell.  Good thing I was suspicious right away and used a fake phone number on the survey.  They already had my resume,  dammit, with my address and everything.  I went ahead a little bit and then stopped it, emailing this "Paul" to ask why such an extensive survey to set up an appointment.  That message got deleted 3 times.   The phone number I put in the survey is a burner phone I have for things like this and I change the number whenever I need to after I start getting crap offers on the phone.  

I've seen here where people claim what wonderful jobs they got from indeed.com and MAYBE that's true in a few rare cases.  I'm convinced now that site is pretty much a scam. 

Making this post to warn others about the fake scammer "Paul Roberts" 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)