Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Funny, I also stopped by today - Former Transcriptionist

Posted: Sep 9th, 2019 - 11:22 pm In Reply to: So consider doing something else - Former MT stopping by

It has been over a year since I mentioned trying to find a new niche (after losing my best-ever transcription job a few years before) and having a tough time finding something else that fit. 
At that time I had accepted a position but only because I wanted so badly to be out of my then-current job; a couple of days later I declined that offer and stayed put, deciding I'd be going from the pan to the fire. Then about 3 months later I posted I had found a job I truly thought would be a good fit and was just about to start. 
I am happy to say I have truly settled in, which is something I had wondered if I would ever do again.  
My confidence had been whittled away over a long stretch of time, but now it is returning because I am with a group that provides excellent training along with whatever is needed to do the job well. In addition (and to my astonishment), people express appreciation across the board, and contributions/achievements are formally recognized.
I am an "older worker" with some time to go before I can think of retiring. I never cared about that when I had my remote transcription job; but when that vanished, I wondered if the remaining years were going to be spent just barely hanging on doing work I disliked, being set up to fail, or both. 
All I can say is, I hope this lasts! Of course there are no guarantees, but I am so glad I found a new home away from home with a group of people who are dedicated, whatever part they play.
As always, best of luck to all of us. 

It has been over a year since I mentioned trying to find a new niche (after losing my best-ever transcription job a few years before) and having a tough time finding something else that fit. 

At that time I had accepted a position but only because I wanted so badly to be out of my then-current job; a couple of days later I declined that offer and stayed put, deciding I'd be going from the pan to the fire. Then about 3 months later, I posted I had found a job I truly thought would be a good fit and was just about to start.

I am happy to say I have truly settled in, which is something I had wondered if I would ever do again.  

My confidence had been whittled away over a long stretch of time, but now it is returning because I am with a group that provides excellent training along with whatever is needed to do the job well. In addition (and to my astonishment), people express appreciation across the board, and contributions/achievements are formally recognized.

I am an "older worker" who cannot yet retire. I never cared about that when I had my transcription job; when that vanished, I wondered if the remaining years were going to be spent just barely hanging on doing work I disliked, being set up to fail, or both. 

Now I can say, I hope this lasts! Of course there are no guarantees, but I am so glad I found a new "home" a group of people who are dedicated and supportive, whatever part they play.

Glad to have something positive to pass along--and as always, best of luck to all of us. Smile

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)