Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Sorry but I just started with TTS and you will be - dropped per the owner to sm

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2019 - 12:26 pm In Reply to: Primary account isn't, secondary is. - sm

the VBC but she just hadn't told the staff yet. Hate to break it to you via this site, but that is what the owner told me.

If the line rate is only for new hires and this is really true, then the owner lied to me. If that is the case, then who is to say she did not lie to you when she said you would stay the same for the Canadian account?

As for take it or leave it, I'm working on leaving it. I have several urns in the fire.

My thing is that I do not want to purchase a new computer. So far I have not had to but I know it's coming.

As far as making the $40.00 an hour, yes I had in the past and was just talking with my husband about it. Those were the good old days before EMR hit the industry. I had all my own accounts, worked at a hospital full-time, full benefits, fair decent hourly wage and no production requirements. I was my own QA. QA was not even heard of. QA came about in my case after beginning to work online.

My first job online after the hospital outsourced did not have QA for a while. Then they asked me if I would QA. Turns out the owner of the company didn't want to pay me to QA. She wanted me to do it out of the kindness of my heart. They still owe me 80 bucks. LOL

Honestly, I am not in love with this industry anymore. The only perk is working from home and I am so over that as well. I think psychologically I have suffered. I am an independent thinker, but I am really isolated from society. The way this industry is going, you work longer hours trying to get lines in than you would if you traveled, worked, and came home and just be done for the day.

Sorry this is so long.

Bottom line, hospital outsourced, I had my own accounts already that I charged what it was worth, picked up and delivered printed reports and tapes and then all my accounts went with EMR. There goes that....

Since then, I've been hopping jobs like crazy trying to find one with steady work and make enough to live on.

Also if you have made it this far in my rant (LOL), try temp agencies. They sometimes have jobs that allow us to use our skills, the medical terminology and extensive HIPAA knowledge sounds great to them, as well as the typing speed. We type the correct way and not everyone can type as fast as we do.

I hope we all prosper, but honestly, I'm not too optimistic. I tell anyone who asks, do not go into this field. You will not make any money and it is hard work, long hours and lots of sweat and tears. You lose time from family and friends and for what? 4 cpl... so sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)