Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 71)

My experience similar to the other poster above .. - sm

Posted: Jul 11th, 2019 - 12:08 pm In Reply to: Those five no MT wants to hear.... - Nuance

My company was purchased in 2013-14. We had several months of conference calls where we were mostly muted and they did the talking.

Nothing changed initially but then the pay table kicked in, FIESA and outrageous QA began, penalizing us for every little error. One "major" error would ruin an entire pay period's pay.

We kept our same accounts although over subsequent months managers changed, accounts changed, accounts disappeared, and then VR kicked in and even more accounts disappeared.

Within about 18 months, all my accounts were gone with no explanation, no warning, and I was never laid off like a lot of Nuance MTs experienced in the last couple of years. I did, however, successfuly get unemployment due to Nuance's tactics of outsourcing work (they couldn't deny this).

Accounts had been outsourced mostly to other domestic MT companies.

I was lucky enough to be told where one of my accounts went and I accepted a job with one of these outsource MTSOs at significantly less money with zero benefits, of course, and no security. It was, however, a great relief to get away from direct Nuance control (although Nuance still holds the strings on the Nuance-outsourced MTSOs) and we still feel it somewhat.

Then, VDI .... I can't even go there.

Nuance has ruined this industry hands down, but they've made millions off of us for sure. There's nothing good to be said about Nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)