Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

TAA - Sm

Posted: May 20th, 2019 - 7:21 pm In Reply to: My TAA "case manager" is inept - and makes me nervous she will screw it up

I have both TAA and TRA approved. Started the process in Feb, enrolled in nursing school to start in Aug. When I first applied I was told similarly it might be a problem with 2 states, but everything went thru fine. In fact the outside state TAA office contacted me (without me initiating contact) to offer help.

In my state, my "caseworker" is with the state career center, she handles the training part of it. I also communicate frequently with the state unemployment office for the TRA part and they have been extremely helpful also.

I am currently receiving TRA benefits and working part time. In my state, it is figured like partial unemployment, TRA makes up the difference. Work wages plus TRA can total 130% of unemployment benefit, not sure if this differs by state, it follows same rules as my state's partial UE rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • My TAA "case manager" is inept - and makes me nervous she will screw it up (Views: 722, 2019-05-20, 3:16 pm)
    • taa - dor (Views: 403, 2019-05-20, 5:19 pm)
    • TAA - Sm
      • in TRA now - nervewracking sm (Views: 303, 2019-06-29, 5:42 pm)