Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

anon - PF

Posted: Apr 25th, 2019 - 7:53 am In Reply to: Patient First - wondering

Everything that has been stated here is true. TLs hit and miss. Transition to their way is difficult. Benefits are decent and you are an employee. The pay is just average at best, made 30K/year my last couple of years there just doing the minimum. At least there is pretty much always work available. My teenager made about the same waitressing, though w/o benefits, but still - she is a teenager. I had applied to multiple positions doing various office type work that offered better pay and benefits when I left.

One thing to keep in mind - I left and had a difficult time transitioning back to normal transcribing. I had been there for years and was so used to leaving out pronouns and shortening things, I was leaving out info at my new job. I had to carefully go over every word instead of just "speed reading" over reports for errors until I transitioned back to normal typing again.

I left because that job just sucked the life out of me. At first, it is difficult to get lines, but after a while, depending on your dictators, it wasn't hard. I just didn't realize how much my brain was adjusting the text without me thinking about it, I guess. I was always so mentally exhausted typing for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)