Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes, saw that...sm - Old Anon

Posted: Feb 8th, 2019 - 6:08 am In Reply to: Is anyone else seeing a new trend in MT jobs - offered? They seem to want SM

when looking on Indeed for medical receptionist/secretary positions (not MT because most practices don't have in-house MTs anymore). Some postings were for med secretary/assistant or medical receptionist/assistant like you mentioned. In my state an MA or CNA needs to have separate course work and be certified. Also anyone dealing with Rx issues needs to have a CMT (certified medication technician). They DO NOT understand the different roles and their educational requirements/certifications. I wouldn't get yourself all worked up about it, just don't apply to a job that asks for those things. You need to narrow your search parameters. Try searching under medical receptionist, secretary, front desk, appointment clerk, etc. Yes, Indeed is a pain sometimes, and you do get repeats of job ads; but it is what it is. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just to let you know, it took me almost a year to find a part-time nursing home receptionist job. I found that in a local weekly newspaper's job wanted section. So newspapers, even if they don't have many ads these days, are still a resource.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)