Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Mayo Clinic--Dishonest in hiring practice in 2016 - old and tired

Posted: Dec 3rd, 2018 - 10:04 am

Hired by Mayo in 2016 as supplemental transcriptionist.  They continued hiring throughout 2016 and brought MANY very skilled MT's on board. 

NEVER were we told that Epic was on the horizon at that time.  We were NEVER given that fair information to be able to make an informed decision whether or not to take the job. 

Mid-2016, we had mandatory work hour changes, and for the remainder of the last 2 years, just about every single positive aspect of our jobs or opportunities were slowly but methodically removed from us.  We clung to bits thrown at us like stray dogs eager for a meal.  The carrot was dangled which said, "There are good things in store." 

No company, especially one this large, does NOT know and plan ahead about such a huge undertaking like Epic less than 2 years before it happens.  We should have been told from the beginning. 

In 2017, they finally gave us the news about Epic and told us we might lose our positions but that they would do everything possible to place us. Have faith people.

Earlier this year benefitted employees were given a buy-out option.  Non-benefitted employees were disregarded completely.  Many MTs have disgustedly left Mayo after these less than 2 years and many, many are without jobs altogether.  For this, Mayo should be ashamed. Some have been repositioned elsewhere in the Mayo system, which is good for them if they're happy, and some cling to a ridiculous one or two hours allowed of work. 

One friend feels like she just cannot let go and would rather be fired, but then of course, Mayo would need to pay unemployement.  Another friend is thisclose to retirement and needs to supplement before Medicare kicks in, so she hangs on.  My heart breaks for them, and Mayo just does not seem to care.  I am one who left Mayo and work locally and am fairly happy with my decision; however, I still hear how Mayo is the gold standard, and I just needed to post this.

Yes, Mayo is the gold standard for most things, but the transcription department was apparently expendable, and no care was given for the hundreds of MTs who have no job or are supposed to be grateful for 1-2 hours per week just to stay on the payroll. 

I am putting this out there because I am thoroughly disgusted that the department supervisors, managers, and higher ups pretty much lied at the hiring process and threw good people away when their use of us was finished. 

I don't have negative feelings about a corporation expanding their technology in this way, but I most certainly do blame them for not being honest when we were hired. 

Shame on you Mayo Clinic documentation services, human resources, and whomever else nodded when you all decided to hire us under false pretenses. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)