Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Comments - Epic casualty

Posted: Dec 4th, 2018 - 10:46 pm In Reply to: Mayo Clinic--Dishonest in hiring practice in 2016 - old and tired

The handwriting has been on the wall for quite a while, it was probably not realistic to think that a large organization like the Mayo Clinic would not convert to an EMR, be it Epic or another vendor. Not doing so affects how they are reimbursed, and the more "meaningful use" objectives they meet also affects how they are reimbursed according to federal guidelines. I knew about them hiring MTs and my thought at the time was that they were using people to help with overflow until the conversion took place, I've seen that happen so many times and it comes to mind now every time I see an ad for on-site work or a facility hires directly. Mayo wasn't going to volunteer that information, of course, because hardly anyone would have accepted the position. The other side of the coin is, did anyone think to ask about a timeline, certainly it should have been a consideration unless one's been living in a cave. I was laid off from a facility that converted to Epic and I've seen them fall like dominos. This is not a dishonest hiring practice, no employer is ever forthcoming about how long a job is going to last, there are just too many variables.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)