Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

It would probably require a higher operating - system

Posted: Oct 9th, 2018 - 12:29 pm In Reply to: Version 12 of EditScript - Asking for a friend

ES 11 was still able to operate on Windows 7 but chances are good if they upgrade it beyond that, it will require a higher operating system. If other hospitals are anything like mine, a higher OS requires a ton of work because there are so many systems that have to be revised to go along with it.

I also do agree with your thinking that they're putting all their money into DMO. It is killing transcription quite effectively and when you can look at the software objectively, you can see why. It's actually pretty cool software and does a lot and if it's used effectively really will cut costs.

My old transcription department just laid off 2 more people and they have a very, very small pool of dictators left. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in the next 1 to 2 years, the hospital decides that keeping the transcription department open for the few dictators they have left isn't worth it and they tell those dictators that they have to do it another way no matter what and everyone in transcription is let go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Version 12 of EditScript - Asking for a friend (Views: 2131, 2018-10-06, 9:03 pm)
    • It would probably require a higher operating - system