Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How to use 2 computers, one with VDI - sm

Posted: Sep 21st, 2018 - 6:50 pm

I want to use 2 separate laptops, one for one company and one for the other that uses VDI.  

This seems like an easy solution but it's more complicated than it seems.  I use an ergonomic external keyboard, pedal and a large external monitor.  In order to do this I'd have to switch the keyboard back and forth from laptop to laptop as well as the same for the pedal.  I've figured out how to use the one external monitor for both laptops, although one laptop will have to be completely shut down in order to do so.

For those who do use two computers, do you buy separate keyboards and pedals for both or just keep switching them between the 2 computers daily?

Geez, seems like a lot of extra work, but I'm not going to allow Nuance to have access to my personal computer and information.  Plus, I believe they change the name of your computer upon installation of the VDI to your employee number, so seems to me they're taking over your computer altogether really. 

I work as an IC for an outside vendor who does Nuance work, but I don't like how they are acting like they own our computers.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)