Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes, I have ... - Indeeduser

Posted: Sep 14th, 2018 - 8:20 am In Reply to: Has anyone ever gotten hired when you applied for - a position listed on Indeed? sm

I have gotten several IC opportunities through Indeed over the last few years, some I did not pursue because of the pay, some I worked for a while, and at least one I continue to work for. I have never been asked for a social security number or other private information and I would not give this out until I was hired and it was time to supply my I-9. I like when I get email alerts when there are jobs available that fit my profile. I ignore most of them, but sometimes they’re worth at least looking at. Sometimes I’m asked to test before I even know the pay rate, at which time I simply say I would be happy to test, but I’d like a little more information first. Sometimes they answer, sometimes they don’t. I’m always looking for transcription work from many different sources, not just Indeed. I’ve had to kiss a lot of frogs to a find a good prince or two that can keep me working (nearly) full time at a decent rate. I also use my own resume on Indeed (not theirs) that is really just a brief summary of my skills, education, equipment that I have, etc., in bullet form and let them know that I have a more complete resume available upon request. I have gotten responses months after my initial submission to the point I have forgotten all about it. I think the more you throw at the wall, the better the chance something might stick. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)