Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

M*Modal - tiredmt

Posted: Aug 11th, 2018 - 7:48 am

I've been doing medical transcription for 24 years, have made as much as $45 per hour when I first started out.  My former company recently shut down, no notice or anything, just called one day and said, "we're closing down."  What's really strange is that they hired Nuance to come in and train their employees on VR a week before they shut down, so I'm thinking they either got bought out by Nuance or were lying about closing down and were just getting rid of employees with benefits (there were 5 of us left grandfathered for health insurance/paid vacation, etc., and we were all terminated).  Needless to say, because of my husband and me losing our health insurance, I had to find something fast.  M*Modal was the only company I could find at the time that was hiring.  I have never in my life been so dumbfounded.  I realize we get used to one platform and do it for years, and it's hard to make a change.  But this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!  I've always worked on Word-based programs, and I've always made $35,000 or more a year doing straight typing, and this was 34 hours per week.  I don't see how anyone can make any money at M*Modal.  They offered me 10-1/2 cpl straight typing and 5 cpl editing VR.  Because my production was so low (? have no idea why - I'm typing my butt off), they lowered that to 8.5 and 3.5 cpl.  Makes a lot of sense - "you don't produce so we're going to reduce your pay so you can earn even less" as a form of punishment, I guess.  I don't have to tell anyone here how extensive our knowledge is or what it took to learn it all.  We pretty much have to know what the PAs and docs know.  We don't earn anything near what we're worth.  Is anyone working for M*Modal and making a decent wage??  I'd love to hear if it's just me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)