Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Skype training - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2018 - 1:05 pm In Reply to: iMedX - The skype training

NP on the questions! :)

If I recall correctly (this was over 2-1/2 years ago for me), the training on Skype is with your team leader, who will help you get oriented on the platform, the Ozescribe website, etc. You'll also have an online training package that takes you step by step through everything you need to cover. There's a lot of material and things to read. Of course you are not expected to memorize it but you do need to be aware of where everything is (eg, Aussie-specific research references, OzeScribe website stuff, etc) and be familiar with how to find answers.

You will then do a few reports each day during hours that she is available (likely in your evening which is their morning - our mornings would literally be the wee hours for them so this is the only way to do it). This is your "internship" and will likely only last 2-4 days for a couple of hours a day (or less if you're a fast learner). You're not constantly on Skype during this time but will have it available to talk or chatroom with her if you have a question. You are paid for the lines you type but it is at a very reduced rate (obviously).

I was familiar with Inscribe platform before starting with OzeScribe so I didn't have a lot of training for that. If you're new to Inscribe you may have more one-on-one training.

Once you're comfortable and have your bearings, you move up to Junior status. As a Junior you'll be working on your own on the schedule you choose but all of your work goes to QA for review. You'll also have a Senior MT/QA person assigned to you to be available while you work to help answer questions. I think the goal here is to complete 1000 lines at 95% or above accuracy (but don't quote me on that!). If I recall, I was at Junior status for about a week before moving up to Senior level.

Never be afraid to ask questions or flag something if you're not sure. They value accuracy above everything else and QA is not punitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)