Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 52)

Skype - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2018 - 11:22 am In Reply to: iMedX - THANK YOU!

You're very welcome!

Regarding Skype - you are required to be logged into that while working but NOT for talking. All communication on that during worktime is typing in a chatroom format - and it is only for account questions/urgent issues, not chitchat, so you won't be distracted by that. In my group it is usually very quiet as we are working the Aussie graveyard shift so there are only a few of us on (here in the US & Canada).

You will need a means of talking on Skype for your interview and training. You might also talk on Skype with your team leader once or twice a year. They like to see how your doing and discuss any issues or concerns you may have.

So anyway, I wouldn't spend extra money on a laptop just for Skype communication (unless you intend to actually type on the laptop, which seems hard on the wrists!). I have a cheap USB headset & microphone that I use for those annual 15-minute chats. You can probably get one for under $10 online or at Walmart.

Oh - I totally forgot about this - I believe Skype has a phone app so you can actually use your phone for the interview and training rather than a headset. I don't have the app because I don't have enough memory on my crummy freebie smartphone from Cricket. :P But yes, I do recall now that some people log into Skype on their phone rather than through their computer.

HTH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)