Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Not a cake walk - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2018 - 10:30 am In Reply to: iMedX - Not a cake walk

I'll do my best to answer your questions!

1. Dictations are not difficult but each account has a number of specifics (if they don't then they follow the basic account specs as laid out by OzeScribe/IMedX Australia. It's not hard to hit your line count if you stay on task. :)

2. The platform the mostly use is Emdat Inscribe. The computer requirements for that can be found here:
https://www.emdat.com/download/Intro%20to%20InScribe%206_v4.pdf

If buying a new computer, you're probably completely compatible with this platform.

I've heard they may also use some other platforms with some clients but I've never encountered that myself, so you should ask about that just in case but, again, if you're getting a new computer then it is likely going to be just fine.

3. In spite of what you may be told by OzeScribe or have read, you CAN use a foot pedal for Inscribe. I use a USB 2 pedal that I've owned for many years and it works great.

4. As for a schedule, they ask that you roster (put yourself on a calendar that they have on their site) every 2 weeks along with a pledge of how many lines you want to type each day. Since they've added VR we are not held to that line pledge like before as you cannot predict how much VR or straight typing you may have in a day, and management is aware that nobody can predict that. You are free to change your schedule to whatever you want - they just want you to be their when you say you'll be there. If taking time off your team leader appreciates a heads up of course.

Also - if there is no work (a very rare occurrence but does happen during public holidays), you are NOT expected to hang around your computer checking for work. Most likely you'll be typing for a clinic that isn't uploading work around the clock. We are also 14 to 16 hours (in EST) behind them so we are working during their overnight so, again, if there's nothing to do, then likely nothing will show up until the next day.

Best of luck to you and I hope this helps! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)