Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Softscript - Former SS Employee

Posted: Jul 18th, 2018 - 2:52 pm In Reply to: SoftScript - me

I worked for them for 8 years as an editor. There sound files are so bad I lost my hearing, started with ringing in the ears. I was still able to edit with hearing aids, but since I am in California they fired me (without notice). Not worth the sacrifices, not to mention late paydays. Management is just AWFUL. I saw a lot of MTs treated very unfairly when their work was really good.

Things did work out for me though, I got out of MT all together. I am working as a merchandiser making more money and guess what, my hearing has come back!!! That is worth way more then the piddly amount of pay you will make working for them.

My doctor at UC Davis at first didn't think it could be caused by the bad sound files until I let him listen and he heard just how bad they were. Now with the improvement he is convinced that was the cause.

To all the MTs out there, if you start to get a loud ringing in your ears that develops into vertigo don't wait as long as I did to realize it can be those lousy sound files. SoftScript does not care about the risk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)