Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Obviously you have never had the experience - of requiring MUP or make-up pay

Posted: Jul 16th, 2018 - 3:56 pm In Reply to: Off-grid/minimum wage - gamanon

I can tell you they don't like it. They REALLY don't like it. Despite the fact that I have only had it a couple of times and it was never more than say $20, they really clamp down on you. Like it's your fault you got a brand new account and were un-credentialed because of some errors (okay that probably was my fault, but still) and now my state's minimum wage went up. Back when I had some work my whole working experience after the MUP was centered on making more than the minimum lph for the minimum wage. They gave me a calculator - you calculate the minimum lph presumably at the lowest rate of cpl which I was never at, but I did achieve that minimum lph because I was only working like maybe 3-4 hours per day so it was possible to be laser focused and get the line counts up.

They also tell you as long as you are over 200 lph you will be fine. That was not exactly true in my state, it was more, but it turned out since I was always doing good line counts on the odd occasion I got an error I would be well above the minimum cpl to avoid MUP.

Now, after being un-credentialed for an error and having to put every blank through so obviously missing the QC percentage as well, I am definitely up for MUP this time, and I only worked like less than 2 hours.

I have not heard from them yet about this, but I can tell you in the past they get right on you like white on rice and harass and threaten all sorts. For some reason that lousy $20 bothers them a whole lot.

This is presumably the reason why they contracted all the work out, they did not want to have to worry about providing employees with such obscenely generous necessities as paying the minimum wage in all states, not just the lowest minimum wage state.

I am almost welcoming the usual reprimand about my not achieving minimum wage lph and forcing them to pay MUP, but by now I have to wonder if the reason they are not out with the wet noodle is that they are laying us all off so who cares?

Indeed, I so wish that were the case. At this point, if they want to fire me for MUP reasons I will even take that. I think I could still get on TAA despite me being such an awful employee I require them to pay $8 on top of my pay or whatever.

If you are to be spared from this layoff (I should say I am hoping there will be a layoff and I am hoping it will be tomorrow, but in no way do I know that that is happening), they will probably start harassing you shortly so be prepared. On the other hand, maybe we are all getting the chop this time, who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)