Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Are you on partial UE? I have the same situation - and was encouraged to follow the account

Posted: Apr 24th, 2018 - 5:45 pm In Reply to: Take it? - sickened

That's BS. As much as I hate being on UE, I refuse to go with the contractor with no benefits, no PTO, etc., and lower pay. Why should we do that?

Let's face it, eventually that may be all there is and if I run out of UE by then I may just take one of those jobs (if they're still there by then), but no way am I just terminating my own employment.

I would like to be laid off and qualify for TAA - a petition was filed and certified at the end of March, so everyone laid off by Nuance can apply for TAA benefits - including tax credit for health insurance, retraining, UE supplements, and other benefits. Definitely worth it if you were laid off.

I guess some of us are destined to stay with this company against our will (I have asked to be laid off multiple times for multiple years when we have things like this happen, unfortunately I think they have it in for me), with no work for days, then the odd day with work. Bizarre and silly.

I was hoping they would lay us all off with this new CEO but not a peep this week. Yet.

I do wonder if those contractors are working out, last weekend we got a load of work I can only think either back from the contractor OR maybe the contractor couldn't find anyone to work on the weekend? At any rate, that's really the only day I've worked for days. Of course I got an error too. Stinkers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)