Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

The job skews perception. sm - It helps me.

Posted: Apr 21st, 2018 - 8:02 am In Reply to: It only gets worse. Now that I am on the back side of - 60, I am obsessed with

It helps me to remember that we ONLY hear about people are sick or hurt. I see danger lurking everywhere. Every time I see my grandchild climbing on a play structure, all I can see is her falling and hitting her head. Every restaurant buffet is a severe case of food poisoning awaiting to happen. Etc.

We never type or edit reports on the thousands of children who climb on play structures every day without getting hurt, or the millions who eat at buffet lines and don't get sick.

When, for at least 8 hours a day, you are hearing about ill people, injured kids, or debilitated elderly, it distorts perception.

Try to remember that. It helped me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)