Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Should be interesting with IC - .

Posted: Apr 20th, 2018 - 3:46 pm

Watch this trend.  Transcription companies thinking they are going to get all ICs, pay no PTO, no min wage, no healthcare, and still get quality work.  I give it a few years at most, maybe 3.  At that point MTs will discover that they are not making enough, especially with the wages listed for ICs.  MTs will owe their own taxes and social security for themselves.  It won't be a living wage.  MTs will need to make estimated payments every quarter to the IRS and state as well.

There will be nobody who will work as an IC after finding that it is a con, and they get nothing for it.  You want a day off? You take it without pay.  You do not have enough work for the day, you have no hourly base to back you up.

I think the industry is going to either die entirely or be done by computers.  What will that do to patient care?  I am interested in watching this unfold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)