Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Virtual Scribe - MT here

Posted: Mar 16th, 2018 - 2:30 pm In Reply to: If this has been posted already, Sorry. - NCMT

Nuance bought iScribe about a year ago. I applied to iScribe about 2 years ago. It is something that is becoming more popular, as doctors don't have to dictate. You hear their exam and construct a SOAP note. It isn't for hospitals. I have been to a doctor that had one as well; a lot of MA's do it and are not MTs in any sense of the word.

You don't use a foot pedal, which killed it for me and when iScribe had it there was extensive training and some posted about it here. You were required to work 24 hours a week and had flexibility, but somewhat of a deadline. It was an employee position, that was the only thing that appealed to me.

From what others posted after you got up and going and could move along, you could make bonuses and get around $10-$12/hour. You always had the same doctor and if you could handle it more than one.

I have seen scribe jobs for offices on Craigslist as well.

If this might interest you, you could check it out, but anything to do with Nuance I would stay clear. There are other scribe companies out there. Same with MM, no way would I work for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)