Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Book of Style and its sibling. - MTfor years

Posted: Feb 18th, 2018 - 4:36 pm

I have been floating around the "For the Record" magazine website today and looked at the cost for the book that was in an advertisement.  NO, I will not be buying it.  As I scrolled down further, I saw that there is a workbook.  A workbook to help navigate the BOS!  Need I say more? 

I have never been on their website, but I spent time today reading past articles found under the transcription tab with some dating back to 2015.  It is actually interesting what the point of view was then about how we perform our job to current day articles. 

The suggestions ranged from find an employer who will pay you better, to take more classes and certifications to better acquaint ourselves with technology to become faster and earn more, to staying off Facebook and quit being distracted at home. 

Another article felt HIM directors have lost their ability to control vendor influence as the vendors have gone directly to the CEOs to sell their products, which may or may not be sufficient to meet the hospital's  needs.

Yet in the end the writers still say we are needed but they know we are obviously paid poorly compared to when we were working in the hospitals.  No one provided concrete answers to change our destiny.

If you have time, you might want to check it the site.  Even Jay Vance had his say.

LINK/URL: Book of Style and its sibling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)