Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You made a good point. - MTfor years

Posted: Dec 16th, 2017 - 12:47 pm In Reply to: Increased LPH requirement plus decreased QA submission - percentage plus zero blanks allowed, sm

I have worked in hospital transcription departments and doctor offices in the early '90s. It was encouraged to ask someone to listen to garbled dictation. It was crucial to learn from the more veteran MTs. Everyone was happy to help. They liked the challenge of being the one who could solve the word mystery. No one was mean or refused to listen. We were a cohesive team. I even asked the secretaries to listen. If they couldn't understand and I couldn't understand, then I had the support of them in the case doctor got cranky about having a blank in his report. I loved being an MT and was proud of it. When farming out to transcription services started, it really isolated the MT and you really sank or swam. Now the MTSOs are culling the herd of veterans who are left that survived the "farming out" stage with their schemes. The result will boomerang at some point in the future, and I will not have any sympathy for the hospitals and MTSOs when it does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)