Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Other tips..... - Fool Me Twice

Posted: Dec 8th, 2017 - 11:13 am In Reply to: Re: phones - nymt

*If you're over 55, take advantage of every senior discount you can find. Instead of getting carded for alcohol, I now get carded to prove I'm over 50! :)

*I use Straight Talk for phone service. I have a small flip phone for $31/month and I rarely use the 1500 minutes I get. I mostly got it to carry in the car in case I get stuck.

*Food stamps. Don't be ashamed/embarrassed, most of us have worked for years and paid into the system. Really helps out and I eat a lot better!

*Definitely cancel cable. With the Internet, I have Netflix streaming, Amazon, and websites such as FoodNetwork.com, TravelChannel.com, Fox Sports, YouTube, etc.

*I use the library and check out free DVDs. My local library has a great collection of stuff I can't find on Netflix.

*I have a Pure water filter on my faucet and use that to refill my water bottle (I think I've had the same bottle for over a year).

*As has been said, forget the gym and WALK! Also, exercise DVDs are great when it's too cold or too hot outside.

*When it's cold, resist the temptation to turn up the heat and throw on a sweatshirt or sweater. Saves on the electric bill.

*If you have a yard, grow your own and learn to can. Fresh veggies in season and I make great pickles!

*Shop at thrift stores for clothes or in the men's section; men's clothes are a lot cheaper than women's. I always dress like I'm going out to clean stalls anyway.

*Forget name brands for most things, generic is the same and a lot cheaper.

I consider these tips as practicing for the future when I'm retired and on SSI, though I suspect I'll make more $ on SSI than I do as an MT nowadays. :P

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)