Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Interesting - I turned down a local job over that issue

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2017 - 3:25 am In Reply to: where does our insurance cover flu shots? - ann

I was recently offered a full-time job at a local hospital paying around 20/hr that required full vaccination, because the job "might require delivery of reports on the floor." They said they would waive flu shots, but not hepatitis. I (reluctantly) turned them down. I stopped taking vaccines 40 years ago and haven't had so much as a cold since, ever, where I used to get so sick every winter with colds, flu, sore throats, bronchitis and even pneumonia I thought I would die. That job and pay would have been sweet, but no way worth the compromise. I'm working 3 jobs around the clock to make ends meet while getting a new career off the ground (web design), still fabulously healthy, and I thank God every day for giving me the courage to say no to that temptation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)