Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 37)

Terrible dictation - MSMT

Posted: Aug 24th, 2017 - 11:47 am In Reply to: Some of this dictation is terrible. Some of the PAs dictate a whole sentence - Tennessee Lady

I agree, some of those PAs and doctors are terrible. We got an email about abandoning a job and how it goes out of their 2 hour TAT. Too bad. Again, not an employee, no set schedule, no decent pay, what do I care? They set the bar so high, it is nearly impossible to achieve it.

I just look at the name and how long the dictation is and log off, if I don't like what I see. I am more inclined to think I am better off with dictations that are shorter; 300 seconds or less (unless I am familiar with the dictator or type of report), because when I see 600 seconds and an ESL or PA, I know I am going to spend forever on the report because of pauses, changing things, etc. It isn't worth it to me. I have another MT job PT and I always do that one first, as it is a bit more streamline, but not the greatest either.

We are just screwed, no other way to put it. Stay with this type of work and this is what you get, no matter where you go and like you, I put a QA marker at the drop of a hat. No more trying to research when I can't even understand what they are saying in the first place; same with numbers and acronyms. I figure they get what they paid for and since we are not compensated based on our experience or ability and just thrown into a pile of 4 cpl, let QA do it and they can tear me apart all they want and if I get let go, so be it. I don't even check my reports that much either and if I do, I just mark them as read. No more brain damage for me thank you very much. I do the best I can and try and send out an accurate report, but obviously that isn't enough for them. They need to change things and one time it is one way and another time, it is a different way. Not for me!

I had a report yesterday that I took reluctantly, a female ESL and it was rather a long one. After I got into it, I heard all this clicking and realized she was texting someone and it took about a minute before she was done as I sat there. Now I know I can fast forward, but there are no markers to indicate where the dictation starts so you spend more time trying to figure that out, than just waiting through it. I also wish they had time stamps with the time when it is dictated as going back and trying to check these is another time consuming effort. I am now putting the time next to the QA marker, so I know where it is in the report when I go back over it and don't even get me started on spell check. What a waste of time going through all those headers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)