Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm happy for you that you still have a job - Old MT

Posted: Aug 19th, 2017 - 8:03 am In Reply to: oldie but goodie - anon

My problem is that I can't GET a job. I have sent so many resumes that I can't even remember to what companies and I don't even get the courtesy of a reply. I still am willing and able to work but nobody will hire me. I can't make it on just Social Security alone and want to work at least 20 hours a week to supplement it and to be able to pay off my credit cards. Either there are no jobs available or it is age discrimination. I even applied at MM, which I thought I would never do, and even they gave me a run-around answer but no job offer. I thought I would drop dead at the keyboard but obviously not at this rate. All the retail places state right on their applications that you have to lift 80 lbs., 55 lbs., etc., which I certainly can't do at my age of almost 75, but I sure know how to get MT work done, if somebody would just hire me. The longer I'm out of work, they will start saying that my experience isn't "recent enough." It is not my fault that I was let go because Nuance bought out my company. I just want a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)