Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Partial unemployment - MT

Posted: Aug 17th, 2017 - 4:48 pm

I have retired but discovered almost too late about partial unemployment.  

Almost all of us have experienced times with little to no work.  Document all times when you have clocked less than 8 hours of work time if full-time.  Keep any and all emails regarding OOW (out of work) and those perky little emails you get about how work is slow but things will soon pick up and keep track of how many hours you actually work.  I ran into a situation where I was scheduled to work every Sunday but there were rarely times of more than a few hours of work and this lack of available work kept me from attaining bonus levels.  The employer also stated that regardless of how many times the transcriptionist signed in and was OOW, the employee must continue to check in every 15 minutes throughout her/his shift.  This essentially requires you to work for free monitoring the system and not being paid.  The DOL may also be helpful.

If you become partially unemployed through no fault of your own and suffer a loss of income, explore and consider filing for partial unemployment in your state.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)