Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

How many of us can say that? Some of us have - been bought out by Nuance twice

Posted: Aug 10th, 2017 - 10:05 am In Reply to: can you really ask that? Yes they are better - smh

I am not one, once was enough, but at the point I started getting fed up (which coincided with the point where the extra money I was getting for 6 months from Webmedx ran out) I looked for work elsewhere. I got a few part time jobs concurrently and one full time job (and worked Nuance part time), and they all were worse moneywise (which I know is not saying much).

Other MTSOs, smaller ones, are better places to work, but all of them paid less and were not as organized (say what you like about Nuance punitive practices, they do have a pretty good system of specs and transcription rules, etc.).

Also, they cannot compete and end up getting sold off to Nuance or MModal, so you always have that hanging over your head.

So your statement that they are better than Nuance? Well, you got bought out, so did I with good companies. Who's left, really? They just can't complete with the lowballing of rates the big ones offer, and while it's nice working in a nicer environment, well, not sure it's that worth it.

Seniority at Nuance at least gives you decent PTO, even if you are compelled to use a lot of it when you have no work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)