Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

if I recall...answer - WC

Posted: Aug 8th, 2017 - 7:30 pm In Reply to: If I recall... - ex-Amphion

I looked for a ton of jobs all areas for over a year. One day I went on a school website and applied to be a substitute. Didn't know that subs make quite a bit of money in my state and usually end up full time with benefits after a few months. Also, didn't know there were many ways to get a teaching degree, for instance if you have a BA in anything, you take a few more things in this state and you teach with a very good salary but I don't want to be in charge of a class, so I assisted/subbed for one month after I signed up and then summer started. I applied for full time sub jobs with benefits in the summer and if you work with problem kids or special education and that can be from one degree to another all levels of low or high functioning openings,you will have no problem subbing or else. I got a job working where I subbed with an instructor, a teacher, and another assistant in a classroom of about 15 people. My job is to get to know the kids, and identify problems, etc. I get full union benefits! And am making more than enough to live off of. BUT I made decisions before looking for a job. 1) Im single and 60, I found 2 other woman my age to month into a house together so my rent is cheap. I have slowly paid off debts, (still got more) and started looking for a job. I finally decided I cannot keep doing what is making me not get ahead, have to move forward. Read The barefoot investor by Scott Pape, you can get it at the library. He can teach you how to start with nothing and do something for you with your life. I have no money in savings thanks to this job and life circumstances and no retirement but SS. BUT I was doing already what he says to do first, change jobs and make sure the job no matter what it is is making more money than you do now and then keep changing or advancing as you can. Working shifts as much as you can as a CNA is a good start and many CNA end up with medical assistants in hospitals and making 20-25 an hour starting out and some become RNs with school help. Look for possibilities and not what you cannot do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)